June 23, 2010

What A Difference A Week Makes

This picture was taken about one week ago, back in the day when I thought we had 6-7 weeks left before Leni's arrival.

Then there's this picture, which was taken about one week later during the wee hours of this morning when Leni decided she just couldn't wait another 5-6 weeks - arrival time had come.

Baby Helena (Leni) ~ June 23rd, 2010 ~ 5lbs 4oz ~ Beautiful healthy baby sister

Proud Big Brother Ashton ~ A sunny June afternoon ~ On his way to meet his sister!

If you would have asked me this time last week where I thought I'd be today, I can pretty much guarantee you that recovering from an emergency cesarean would not have been at the top of my list of possibilities. Funny how things turn out though, as I can't even imagine being anywhere else right now. Right now seems to be pretty perfect. What a difference a week makes.

15 comments:

one + one said...

Congratulations to your family!

Unknown said...

So many huge congrats to all four of you!!

Julie said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Bridget said...

WOW!!! You have a baby!!!! Congrats! :)

If you ever need to talk to anyone who went through an emergency c-section (to hell and back), just let me know! I'm so glad you're on the other side now....recovering...and happy! Yea!!!

Sandi said...

It is amazing and beautiful how things work out. Congratulations!

Sandi said...

It is amazing and beautiful how things work out. Congratulations!

kn said...

I have tears in my eyes reading this. Congratulations!!!! How wonderful. Now you have all summer to be two child family. Lovely.

I was an emergency c-section also. My husband said it was like a SWAT team descended from the ceiling and suddenly there was a baby. I am forever grateful for our amazing doctors and the nurses.

Hope your recovery is easy and quick. So happy the two of you are healthy! Congrats again to all of you!!!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations to all of you!

Brooke said...

Congratulations! Such a great post. Indeed, what a difference a week makes!

Missy said...

Congrats!! She is precious!!

Carol McG said...

What an amazingly cute picture of you and Ashton. He looks like he can't wait to meet his sister.

Annie said...

SO happy for your family!!! Another beautiful, amazing gift has been added to your family :) Congratulations!!

Annie said...

p.s. it seems we have become moms again together...this time a day apart ;)

Sam's mom said...

Oh my! how amazingly wonderful! She is a peanut and I'll bet you, Mike & Ash are over the moon in love.
Congratulations!

Rebecca said...

Congrats on Baby Leni! She's adorable and I'm so glad she arrived a healthy little bundle. I'm sure Ash is loving his new role as big brother!