February 5, 2008

Slippery Slope

The travel bug is a slippery slope. It starts with the desire to spend a long weekend somewhere "close by" abroad, and quickly burgeons into a full fledged "where should we spend two weeks?" conversation. It's clear - we need to go somewhere for a few days. But the fact remains that we're not really go-somewhere-for-a-few-days kind of people. We tend to travel, LOTS. We need to be responsible and NOT go overboard but the fact that I just want to be in Ethiopia RIGHT NOW may be influencing my judgment. Just a little bit.

So, cross your fingers and wish me luck that I'll find rhyme with my reason and responsibility with my reservations and book a nice, quaint, nearby vacation. FYI - I'm not holding my breath... And, evidently when I'm writing about things that I'm trying to personally convince myself against I tend to use capital letters. Interesting.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

You guys are great! I can't wait to see where you end up!