March 14, 2009

The NY Brunch

As I noted a while back, and come to think of it have probably noted several times a while back, a wee bit longer, and way back when, I love brunch. And to clarify, NY brunch. Because nothing beats the Saturday and Sunday afternoon laziness that is dining on carb-filled endless champagne prix fixe meals. Brunch in New York is an institution. To quote an article I'll link to below, just imagine brunch if "the D.J.’s arrived eight hours early and the bartenders served French toast." Yup, it's that good.

Now, we're not exactly in the "hand over $750 on magnums of Dom" crowd, and I certainly couldn't do the article justice by attempting my own summary, so I simply suggest you read it and discover the joy that is NY brunch for yourself. One tidbit of temptation to allure the uncertain, one of the main NY brunch spots discussed in the article is Merkato 55 - Marcus Samuelsson's latest venture. Marcus Samuelsson of Aquavit. Marcus Samuelsson, the Ethiopian born son of his Swedish adoptive parents. Curious? Read on...

Published: March 15, 2009
It may be Saturday afternoon, and the nation may be battling a recession, but you’d never know it from the way the bubbly flows at two dance party brunches in Manhattan’s meatpacking district.

There. All better. The fact that I spent Friday night date night with my toddler at Sesame Street Live, Elmo Makes Music is now balanced by the fact that I'm still a NY Bruncher. All better. Please Gods, no Elmo dreams tonight... see you at brunch tomorrow!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

i adooore marcus samuelsson :)