December 8, 2007

Six Degrees Of Separation, Blog Style

Wikipedia says, "Six degrees of separation refers to the idea that, if a person is one "step" away from each person he or she knows and two "steps" away from each person who is known by one of the people he or she knows, then everyone is no more than six "steps" away from each person on Earth."

Translate this in to blog language and the following scenario plays out:

Wake up, check comment area on own blog, follow links to profiles/blogs of commenter's and read their blogs. Check out their blog rolls and find a a handful of interesting blogs. Visit those. Realize you've gotten off track and return to own blog to check in on your blog roll for updates posted on your most frequently visited blogs. Notice new links added to their blog rolls, visit those. Comment area in one of the new sites contains huge list of profiles of other waiting families, visit those. As of 12:00PM on Saturday I've officially squashed any doubt that I'm now connected by six "steps" (or less) to the entire adoption blogging community.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that gets "lost" clicking from blog to blog. I think it is funny to find a blog you've never seen and see your own blog as a favorite link--like, who's keeping an eye on me? :)

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

I can SOOOO relate!