January 31, 2008

Where Did My Karma Go?

We generally enjoy fairly good karma, so I'm baffled as to why karma seems to be out to get us this week. Tuesday evening we arrived home to our outdoor water pipes having frozen and burst resulting in a constant stream of water under our deck and 12 inches of standing water in the basement. Thursday afternoon I was on my way home from Atlantic City for work, and 183 miles into the 199 mile trip our brand new (new to us anyhow) Subaru broke and left me stranded on the side of a major interstate waiting for a tow home. We even went out for dinner tonight because I was a little stressed after spending almost 2 hours on the side of a road with huge trucks zooming by me at 80 mph...and they got my order wrong. Pipes bursting, cars breaking, and the restaurant industry seemingly out to get me - where did my karma go?

I'm secretly hoping that this is karmas way of preparing me for the ultimate karmic moment of happiness...a referral call. How cool would that be! Here's hoping for the return of my karma tomorrow - TGIF!

6 comments:

Jennifer and Ty said...

You know, bad things happen in threes so yours are over for the day,
Hope tommorrow is better...

Cloverland Farm said...

dang. sorry about that! don't let it bring you down...you're one day closer to your referral!

Brooke said...

Wow, that's no fun! I think you are right, something really, really good is going to come. Perhaps is the form of a phone call? Let's hope so!!!!

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Wouldn't that be amazing if it was karma's way of preparing you for something wonderful!?! :)
I choose to believe that.
And, in that spirit-I shall be awaiting good news from you guys.