August 7, 2008

Freaking Favre...

So really, as a MN Vikings fan I spent life learning to despise the Green Bay Packers (and by default Bret Favre) and then the butterfinger winds up un-retiring to sign with none other than the NY Jets! I guess we'll be NY Giants fans this year. Favre in NY, huh. I don't foresee sleeping well tonight...

Speaking of sleeping well, Ashton slept from 8:30PM to 8:30AM last night. 12 hours. For the 2nd night in a row. For those of you still in the waiting stage yet to be united with your babe/s this is HUGE. I'm of the mind that he slept later in an effort to dream away the reality that Favre is now part of a NY team (but will NEVER be a New Yorker, let's just keep that clear) but I find it rather convenient that he decided to wait until 2 weeks before I go back to work to start sleeping past 5:30AM. Way to go son.

Huge strides this week - almost eating with a spoon, almost running (crawling is soooo July, we're in August now people - keep up!) and I swear he assembled tonight's lasagna all on his own, well, at least if you count sucking on each clove of garlic just to make sure it was ok to add to the sauce... he's a good Italian.

Here are some pics from our MN world tour - everything from a backyard BBQ to a wedding to the grand pool party to a day at the zoo. Cheers to all and happy August!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least he's not a VIKING!!! We'd all have to revolt! Wear that Viking purple with pride Ashton!

Cute pics.... even better memories! Loved having you all here so much!

filoli said...

We have a dear friend from MN and I am constantly amazed at how deep the Favre hate runs...it is quite cute.

Anonymous said...

Ok...my two sense as I am living in Wisconsin, married to someone from Wisconsin, (with a family full of Packer lovers) however I am from Chicago. Favre was the hero of all the land, but he has made life around here unbearable with the whining. So enjoy!! GO GIANTS! Ha ha.
Julie (in Wisconsin)

Mom to many said...

It will be so strange to see Farve play for NY --- yikes. Your MN trip sounds fun - you should have came over the border to SD...