August 18, 2008

Score 1 for NYC

I used to enter into our NYC trips with fear knowing that a blowout would soon be in our midst outside of the comforts of our cozy changing table, running water, outdoor garbage can, nearby storage bank of clothes, etc... We've changed many a diaper on park benches (which is probably more sanitary than most bathroom changing tables) but there's just something about "the blowout experience" that makes being in a familiar easy access environment something of a Shangri La.

Until today.

Today I slapped myself out of Not Observing The Obvious land and reminded myself that when in NYC you're never more than a block or two away from a laundromat. You say blowout? I say seriously easy access to $2 washing machines that will have your crapped on overalls and leaked over gDiaper clean and dry within the hour. Score.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud on the "crapped on overalls" for some reason the image of Ash naked in a NYC laundromat brings up images of Diane Arbus photos! Hopefully you got a shot, what good images to show his first serious love! Mom C

Nikki said...

I just wanted to thank you for the AMAZING list of Ethiopian resources on your sidebar! I have found several books and DVDs that I am going to purchase to bring to Ethiopia with my in february when I help out in an orphanage there. Thank you again!!

Nikki
http://ethiopia2009-adana.blogspot.com/