November 18, 2008

No Pictures, No Video

So, I've been scrolling the recent posts and to my surprised was met with astonishingly few photos and videos. Which is funny because lately I've been finding myself saying (out loud to Ash while nobody else is around), "this is SO CUTE, I should DEFINITELY post this!" And then I don't reach for the camera, or videocam, rather just continue playing with my insanely active and adorable son. So, sorry. I'm going to try to do better but it seems that the cute activities are tending more towards the line of jumping off of high objects and standing on top of anything with wheels, so as you might imagine turning away to grab the camera for "just a moment" could quite possibly almost always result in one of those headlines that reads, "irresponsible mother turns for just a moment while child skateboards off Grand Canyon". Yeah. I'm trying really hard not to be one of those, and unfortunately for now its the pics and videos that are taking the hit. So goes the life of (have I already mentioned this?) a REALLY active 18 month old and his overprotective mother...who still lets him jump off of things and turn anything with wheels into a skateboard, but has enough sanity NOT to turn her head for even a moment to reach for a camera to catch said moments on film. Hooray for momentary lapses of reason, and their counterparts...MOMS.

5 comments:

Mom to many said...

Just enjoy the moment. Sometimes I get so worried about taking the pictures I forget to just BE... Your mind is a pretty good camera, too. Enjoy him - he is growing up sooo fast.

Stacie said...

I agree with Jodi - sometimes you have to forget the camera and just be in the moment. It was so much easier to have the camera when Micah was little - now it's all I can do to keep up with him! 18 months is about when that started (our boys are only 3 months apart!).

Gamma! said...

OK...I can't resist the temptation! Does this border on heresy? No camera? AGHHHH! This spoken by the Gamma who has joined Photographers Anonymous this past year - yes! Instead of 5,000 pictures I believe I'm down to 4,000 :) Progress - slow, but none the less progress! Guess I'll just have to come out more often/you come here more often to make sure we've got every "cute" moment documented in pictures. :) I recall a friend who had a disposable camera in every room so as not to miss any of those special moments. A little over the edge you say? Nothing is other the edge if you love doing it! Have a blessed and fabulous day - and take a few pictures for me today, ok? Love you all, Gamma

Sam's mom said...

I'll take a safe & sound Ash for a lack of videos anyday.
Some weekend when hubby is home too keep the camera out and see what you capture. In the meantime, soak up every moment with your son, he'll only be small for a little longer.

Rebecca said...

Don't you love having an active little boy? I'm sure he keeps you busy! Here's to boys being boys :)