November 28, 2008

A Seriously Family Holiday

Both my husband and I grew up in families very dedicated to making the holidays special, but until this year never had to wrap our heads around the seasons holistically. There were always family holidays, but this year it was a seriously family holiday. This year's Thanksgiving came complete with every excuse in the book to get down and dirty with all of the kid-fantastic holiday traditions, to name a few: Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, Child, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Christmas Tree Hunting, Christmas Tree Decorating, and all of the other official leadings-in to the holiday season. Yes, this Thanksgiving was exactly what I was hoping it would be when I dreamed about it last Thanksgiving. And if I had to venture a guess, Christmas is going to totally rock.

Dad and Ash at The parade - Snoopy in the background



The family at The parade



Christmas Tree 2008


Grandma and Grandpa



The Cuteness that is Thanksgiving 2008


3 comments:

Gamma! said...

Simply stated . . . wish we were there with you! Can't wait for Christmas in Minnesota! Love you all, mom/gamma

Annie said...

Wow, Jo and Mike, I can't believe how Ashton is changing. he's such a big boy (especially seen in the photo with the striped shirt.)

Looks like a lovely few days together. I know what you mean about looking forward to Christmas. Everything does have such a new meaning once you are a parent.

Stacie said...

Fun! I was thinking you watched the parade from home -but you were there! What a great memory for Ashton!