June 17, 2008

9AM

Ah mornings, oh how they've changed. 9AM then and now...

9AM Then: Still a bit groggy from only having been awake for about an hour and waiting for the caffeine from cappuccino #1 to kick in. The work day has started and the fun of wading through client emails and identifying project tasks for the day consumes the better portion of the morning. Before I know it it's 2PM and lunch is still a distant thought. No problem, a later lunch will help tide me over for our 9PM dinner plans. And I must remember to pick up the laundry I dropped off a few days ago...

9AM Now: Wide awake and wondering what's for lunch. Baby's fed, bathed, had several playtimes, and mom's teeth are not brushed but that's OK because cappuccino #4 would have killed any effort at peppermint fresh breath anyway. The countdown has started for baby's nap time because let's face it, I am over the moon in love with him but I'm also over the moon in love with those 2 hours in the middle of the day when he's sleeping because it enables me to make sure laundry load #2 for the day can make it into the dryer before dinner.

Have I changed? YES. Am I a completely different person? NO. Thankfully I have another 10 weeks to settle in to a routine and resume a life with some sense of normalcy before going back to work and tossing the whole bit right back up in the air for a remix. After all, that's who I am. I enjoy changing without becoming different. The title of my soap opera may have changed from Sex in the City to Sex During Nap Time, but at the end of the day the laundry still gets done.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Right on Sista! You don't have to change your life completely, just adding another person to the fun! I cant wait to join in the fun in a few short weeks! Love to all!
Auntie Jewels :)

Anonymous said...

At least there's still sex sometime :) !!!! Mom C

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

That was frickin awesome!Love the reality check!

Brooke said...

Ahhh ha ha, oh, you are funny Jo. I can always count on you for a smile...and a good laugh.

I love how positive you always are. Who needs sleep when you are in love, right? I hope I can follow in your footsteps. Maybe I should take a hint.....coffee is the way to survive!

Annie said...

Teeth brushed by 11 am this morning...I am making progress ;)

Hope you are doing well!!!

los cazadores said...

Sounds like a fun life evolution...

Cindy

Anonymous said...

It just keeps geting better :-)

Can't wait to see new pics of mom and Ash!!!

Angela said...

funny how quickly things can change, yet still be great...