June 12, 2008

Our Little Foodie

Today was a foodie day, or at least our new parenting version of one. First came breakfast when Ash was introduced to apples (loves'em), then on to the Gilded Otter where had two new firsts - sweet potatoes AND Otter french fries! YUM! Next was rainbow sherbet that didn't go over so well (those would be the pics of him with a not so happy grin) and then on to fun in the sandbox where we discovered that sand does not taste good. Next came Ash's first meal with all three food groups - starch (rice cereal), veggie (carrots), and fruit (bananas) which officially tested the capacity of gDiapers about 30 seconds after consumption. I suppose we'll take that as a sign that he enjoyed his dinner! We topped the day off by having the new center of the universe in bed by 6:40 (a whole 10 minutes later than last night, progress is progress!) and a civilized dinner for two on the porch. Salad with a homemade cilantro lime dressing and grilled chicken in a siracha/soy marinade. A yummy day.

9 comments:

Gamma! said...

Oh my goodness...he just gets cuter by the minute! And it doesn't look like mommy and daddy are having any fun at all! :) And tell me again "why is that I would want to sleep my life away when I could be having so much fun with these guys?! :) Gamma said I should have lots of fun and boy am I having lots of fun!"
Sleep tight little one - I love you!

Sandi said...

He is so adorable!!!

Amanda said...

Great photos! :)
I tried commenting to your earlier post, but for some reason it wasn't letting me....
(the pop-up window for comments never came up)...

Your son's adorable and I'm glad you guys are starting to get a routine. :)

The last photo-with the two meals on the porch and the baby monitor...I liked what that represented!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Looks like some sleep is being had at your house! Have a super weekend! Love you all!

Gretchen said...

Don't ya love the music choices for one true media?!

If I can be opinionated for a moment, the one you chose actually flows really well with your pictures- looks like you guys are having a lot of fun together! I love the final pictures you've been choosing for your slide show....

Brooke said...

So, so, cute! "Food Days" are my fav.

Your dinner for two looke yummy! I love the baby monitor in the middle of the table.

Anonymous said...

Not sure who is cuter in this montage, Dad or Ash! Looks like fun and congrats to you two for making the time special for yourselves as well. Can't wait till June 26! Mom C

PS Going to a new baby shop right now....

Anonymous said...

OK watched it for like the 25th time and finally noticed that the videographer almost missed Ash in a couple of the shots as he was looking at Mom and (cleavage :))!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys~soo very glad you were blessed with safe, easy travel with your beautiful son, Ashton!! i am so glad i got to spend time with you three in Addis & will never forget this journey as it changed my life forever!! wish we had got to spend more time but so happy for the time we had, especially at the HOH May God continue to bless all three of you!!
Lots of prayers~ Liz (Annie's sis)