November 22, 2007

It's My Birthday! (Yesterday)

Aside from USCIS missing the memo that it was my birthday yesterday and a certain envelope was supposed to arrive as my gift, the day was perfect! My husband planned a fantastic afternoon/evening in NYC and not only was it a fabulous way to spend my birthday, but it kicked off the holiday season as well!

Bridger woke me up to say happy birthday! (or to beg for breakfast, one or the other)



We started at Morrell's which is a wine bar in Rockefeller Center - the tree is up but wont be lit until next Wednesday but the area already has a very festive vibe. Then we went to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular featuring the Rockettes! This is an annual tradition for us but this year was extra special because they're celebrating their 75th anniversary so the program was completely new. Next stop was Central Park West where we saw the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons being inflated and then the evening wrapped with dinner at Calle Ocho with amazing ceviche and paella. We were back in New Paltz and cozy by midnight, well, cozy until my husband had to figure out how to relight the pilot light for the hot water heater and stove because we ran out of propane unexpectedly yesterday...but it's all good now and the turkey is happily roasting away in the oven!

Here's us on the train ride home, and just in case you can't see my birthday present clearly I'll provide a zoomed in view!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S of your birthday present!! I've requested one for Christmas - hopefully I'll get it! :)

I still don't have my I-171H either. So sad...

Anonymous said...

What a guy!!!!

Children's Hope International said...

Super cute pic of you guys!

Jen N.